Thursday, December 6, 2018
1:00 p.m. Eastern
The ALQ Education series is pleased to offer a free of charge webinar titled Counterclaims – Prevention and Risk Management Strategies for Creditors to our listees, forwarding partners, associates and friends on December 6th at 1 PM Eastern Time. Our presenter, Steven M. McCartan, Partner & Attorney, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., will walk attendees through potential scenarios for countersuits and how to minimize the creditor’s exposure through strategic documentation and communication planning.
Securing payment of commercial debt involves various kinds of risks. When litigation is pursued, creditors and their collection partners should always be aware of the risk of counterclaims, which can include breach of contract, fraud, and consumer-protection claims. Since dubious and unfounded claims to maneuver out of the debt obligation can in particular create significant exposure for creditors, careful planning to minimize counterclaim risk can’t be overstated.
This webinar will cover:
• An overview of collection related counterclaims in the U.S.
• Contractual language that should be included in all of your major documentation
• Communication pitfalls that can lead to gross misunderstandings
• Examples of counterclaims and what should have been done to minimize and/or manage them
Who should attend:
• credit risk management professionals
• collection professionals
• debt collection attorneys
• presidents, CFOs and all others who are directly or indirectly involved with collecting past due accounts
American Lawyers Company
853 Westpoint Parkway, Ste. 710, Cleveland, Ohio 44145
Phone 800.843.4000 440.871.8700 Fax 440.871.9997